Peanut Butter Nums
Not another peanut butter egg situation I promise.
Sure, its peanut butter, but they're much better than those Reeces cups. They are soft and crunchy and all around perfectly balanced.
We love a good crunch so I added in the chocolate rice cereal for an extra crisp within the nums. We hope you love these as much as we do!
What you'll need:
|1 cup peanut butter|
|1/4 cup maple syrup or honey|
|big pinch salt|
|1/4 cup One Degree Organic chocolate rice cereal|
|1/2 cup chocolate chips|
|1 Tablespoon coconut oil|
1. Make sure to mix the peanut butter well. With a hand blender, use one attachment to mix the peanut butter in the jar.
2. In a small heat proof bowl, over a small pot of water, melt your chocolate. One the water is boiling, turn the heat off and use the residual heat to melt the chocolate. Add in the coconut oil and let it melt, then mix.
3. In a small bowl (or 4 cup glass measuring cup) add one cup of peanut butter.
4. Add the maple syrup and salt and mix past the point of smooth. At this point it will look like its going to break but thats what you want in order to make sure its stiff enough to form.
5. Add the rice cereal and mix with a spatula. Divide them into whatever size and shape you want.
6. Place them in the fridge.
7. Cut a piece of parchment to put the chocolate covered nums on.
8. Drop the peanut butter snacks into the chocolate one by one. I suggest fishing them out with a fork so that some excess chocolate can come off.
9. Put them back in the fridge or freezer until set. Place in a contain and in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.